Presentation ‘From Cultuurweb To UiTinVlaanderen.be’
Case study presented at 2009’s SIGCHI.be conference. SIGCHI.be is the Belgian chapter of SIGCHI, the premier international society for professionals, academics and students who are interested in human-computer interaction. What’s the presentation about?
- 3x more visitors
- What makes UiTinVlaanderen.be so much better than Cultuurweb?
- Do the community features play an important part in the site’s success?
- How did user tests improve the search feature and results?
Usability Awards 2009: 2 times silver for UiTinVlaanderen.be
At the Usability Awards 2009 the new and improved UiTinVlaanderen.be came 2nd in the category ‘Most user-friendly government or non-profit website’. But UiTinVlaanderen.be wasn’t only a jury favourite. The site also came 2nd in the public vote.
Strong points of UiTinVlaanderen.be according to the jury
- Phenomenal amount of events
- Task-oriented homepage and main navigation
- Handy search filters
- Good integration of social media and web 2.0 features
Weak points of UiTinVlaanderen.be according to the jury
- Content and copywriting isn’t always the greatest
- Doubles of events
- The search filters could be more streamlined
- Too many events without images, making you dislike the omnipresent ‘Uit’-logo