A few articles we’ve enjoyed over the past week or so.
- Usability Testing Versus Expert Reviews
When should you do user testing and when an expert review? 9 usability experts share their experiences. If you only read 1 article out of all our suggestions, read this one.
- Links are New Yorkers (Writing great web links)
Gerry McGovern is right most of the time. And he’s always right when he talks about links. Links should be signposts that show the user the shortest way to fulfilling his task. We agree.
- Moderating with Multiple Personalities: 3 Roles for Facilitating Usability Tests
Good article by Jared Spool on the qualities a good user test moderator should have. He or she should be a flight attendant, sportscaster and scientist all in one. Sounds like a strange combination? Maybe, but it’s true…
- Designing with Data
Interesting article on the role of statistical analysis in the design process.
- “OMG! What Have I Done?” – Tim Berners-Lee’s reaction after getting a Twitter-account. (Well, according to Jared Spool. )
Want to comment on this article? Read this first
- 10 Comment Habits I Hate None of these annoying habits are of course yours, dear reader. Not one.